General Information about Textbooks and eBooks
A convenient and easy way for you to get your textbooks.
Sit back, relax and let us do the work for you.
- You give us your name, student ID number, and a valid e-mail address.
- We print your class schedule before classes start.
- We pull the books that you will need (you request new or used, required and/or recommended).
- We box them up and charge the books to your student account.
- We will e-mail you further details on where and when you pick up your EasyText order.
In the event that any part of the order is incorrect, please bring it back to the CMU Bookstore along with a copy of your schedule and receipt and we will gladly correct the error. All EasyText orders are billed to the student's account. EasyText signup for Fall runs from the third Monday in May to approximately August 1st.
Increased Affordability. Immediate Access.
Included courses: MTH 101, MTH 105, MTH 107, MTH 130, and STA 282
The All-Inclusive program changes the way you get your course materials. This program is less expensive than other options; we negotiated a better price based on course enrollment. Your materials needed for success in these courses are much cheaper than traditional print materials. This program gives students access to course materials on the first day of class and allows for more interactive digital content.
How does it work?
- Instead of purchasing a printed access card at the CMU Bookstore, you will now have immediate access to MyLabsPlus and your digital eBook on your course's BlackBoard on the first day of class. Students are sent an email two weeks before classes begin with instructions on how to access their digital course materials content.
- Students enjoy free access to the content until the end of the course drop/add period. After the trial period, students who are still enrolled and did not opt-out will retain access; a charge of $108.25 is conveniently billed to the student’s university account.
- If students choose to opt out, they can do so easily via a link on the email before the deadline; access is turned off and no charge is assessed. Access is still required to succeed in the course. It is much cheaper and more convenient to stay in the All-Inclusive Program.
Have more questions? Email us at email@example.com
Our Textbook Comparison Tool allows customers to compare our prices with those of other Internet Retailers like Amazon, Half, etc. Once you have compared the prices, you can select in store pick up and we will have your books waiting for you when you arrive. If you would like your textbooks shipped directly to you, please select the shipping option. Please allow 24-48 hours for order processing once the order is placed.
Save money instantly!
Students may choose to rent their textbooks for the semester. This option allows the student to save money instantly at the time of purchase. The rental price is significantly lower than the total price of purchasing the book. All rental textbooks must be returned to the CMU Bookstore at the end of each semester. The rental return deadline will be the Saturday of Graduation for each semester.
If you fail to return your rental textbooks by the rental return deadline, you will be charged for the replacement price of the book. You will not be able to sell back any rented books during buyback. If you plan on keeping your book, or think you may consider keeping it, rental may not be the most cost effective option.
Sell back your textbooks
Textbook buyback is a way to sell your books back and recoup some of the money you have spent on books if you choose not to keep them. Students can sell back their textbooks and receive cash immediately. If you would like to see the buyback value ahead of time, click here to print out an online quote for the books you would like to sell back. We will buy back textbooks throughout the year, but the best time to sell back is the week before exams through finals. Damaged books, books missing software or pages, and course packs are not accepted. Make sure at the time of purchase that all components of the text and/or package are accounted for. The CMU Bookstore will pay up to 50% of the new book price (whether or not the book was purchased new or used elsewhere) provided the book will be used again on campus, the instructor has submitted an order for the book, we are not overstocked, and the book is in resalable condition (light highlighting is okay).
For books no longer being used on campus, no textbook order has been submitted, or overstock situations, we will pay a wholesale price based on national demand as long as the books are in current editions (be aware that textbooks are being revised approximately every two years and not all books have a wholesale value). Those books are sold to a wholesaler who sells them to other schools throughout the U.S.
By selling back your textbooks to the CMU Bookstore, you leave with cash in hand, and help insure more used textbooks are available for other Central Michigan University students at the most reasonable prices possible.
Textbook Return/Refund Policy
Full refunds on textbooks purchased from the CMU Bookstore will be given up the the refund deadline for the specific semester. Refunds will not be given without a sales receipt or on special order books. New books must be free of all markings (i.e. pen, pencil, highlighting). Wrapped books, books containing software, and course packs must be unopened. Do not open, write, or highlight in any of your new books or open course packs until you are absolutely sure that you won't need to return them. Customers will be given a copy of our refund policy with the refund deadline at the time of purchase.
Contact us with any questions you have about textbooks.